Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Hazelnut Fudge

Yum
Merry Christmas, everyone! How about some fudge for the holidays?  There are a lot of Paleo friendly fudge recipes out there, so I thought I'd give it my own spin and add in hazelnuts in a few forms, since they are one of my very favorites. :)


Hazelnut Fudge
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup roasted hazelnut butter
1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
~3/4 cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped

Directions
In a blender combine the coconut oil, cocoa powder, roasted hazelnut butter, agave, and vanilla.  Pour into a greased loaf pan and stir in about 1/2 cup of the hazelnuts.  Spread evenly in the pan, then top with remaining hazelnuts and chill in the fridge before cutting into squares and serving.  Store remaining fudge in the fridge in and airtight container.

This post was shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays and Gluten Free Fridays.

2 comments:

  1. I love that this has no added refined sugar! Most fudge is way too sweet for me. Thanks for sharing! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this sounds delicious, thanks for posting up this recipe.


    Simon

    ReplyDelete