Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Muffins

Yum
I have raspberries galore right now.  Most of my flower beds are full of berries and it makes me happy, especially when the raspberries are ripe...they are my very favorite.  I was in the experimenting mood last night, so some of my raspberries ended up in muffins and they are amazing!  I actually didn't have any eggs in the house (I really need to go to the store), so I just whipped up some flax eggs and it worked out great. Feel free to sub in eggs if you like.  Seriously these are quite decadent little morsels, and probably should be a dessert not breakfast, but I'm all for it being breakfast food, too. :)


Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Muffins
3/4 cup palm oil shortening
1 cup coconut sugar
2 flax eggs*
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups GF flour blend
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mega Chunks
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup fresh rasberries

Directions
Preheat oven to 375F.  Grease or line muffin tins and set aside.  In a mixing bowl, cream together the shortening and coconut sugar.  Add in the flax eggs and vanilla.

In a separate bowl combine together the flour blend, salt, and baking soda.  Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix well.  Fold in the chocolate, walnuts and raspberries and spoon the mixture into the muffin tins.

Bake at 375F for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

*To prepare flax eggs, combine 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons water and allow the mixture to sit for 5-10 minutes until it thickens.

This post was shared on Slightly Indulgent TuesdaysGluten Free Tuesdays, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Waste Not Want Not Wednesdays, Whole Food Fridays, Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love, and Gluten Free Fridays.

4 comments:

  1. You lucky duck! My grandparents had raspberry patches and I loved grabbing a handful when I took a break from playing :) These muffins sound delicious! Stopping by from Poor and Gluten Free :)

    Amy | Club Narwhal

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious! You are so lucky to have your own berries growing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look delicious! And now I desperately want a muffin. But I don't have all the ingredients and I'm sick in bed with a col. I'll just have to live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to have so many fresh raspberries! These looks wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing this on WNWNW, I’ve pinned it : )

    ReplyDelete