Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Teff Biscuits

Yum
Remember last week's recipe, Strawberry Rhubarb Chia See Jam? Well, when I made it, I wanted to eat it with some warm bread straight out of the oven...well, I didn't have the time or energy to make my favorite, my Teff Sandwich Bread, so I made my Garlic Dill Biscuits, minus the garlic and dill. ;) 

These are the fastest, easiest little morsels you can throw together and they are GOOD!  Really, I haven't made my sandwich bread since making these...these are just too easy.  

Now, they are best straight out of the oven, but can be perked back up a day or two later by covering with a damp paper towel and microwaving for a bit.  The steam from the paper towel with soften them up, and it will be like they are straight from the oven again. :)


Teff Biscuits
2/3 cup teff flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup almond meal
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup non-dairy milk
1/2 cup Pompeian Grapeseed Oil or olive oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.  Add in the milk and grapeseed oil and hand mix until combined.

Turn dough out on parchment paper.  Smooth the dough out and pat it out until it's to 1" thickness.

Cut biscuits with a sharp biscuit cutter, or with a sharp knife into wedges, and place on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.  Serve warm.


This post was shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love, Gluten Free Fridays, and Whole Food Fridays.

1 comment:

  1. YUM, now we have some biscuits for our jam! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

    Can't wait to see what you are bringing to the party this week! We have another GREAT giveaway!

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete