Saturday, October 6, 2012

Weekly Menu (10/7/12-10/13/12)

Yum
First of all...thank you to all of you that have voted for my blog.  It is in the running for the Top 25 Food Allergy Moms. If you enjoy my blog, would you take just a few seconds and click the link below and go and vote for Live Free, Gluten Free? You can vote every 24 hours, so please do! Thanks!



This week in our half of the Bountiful Basket (I share with my brother) we got:
  • red bell pepper
  • summer squash
  • green leafy lettuce
  • tomatoes
  • potatoes
  • red grapes
  • strawberries
  • apples
  • plums

We also got the Mexican add-on pack which had:
  • Avocados
  • Limes
  • Tomatillos
  • Jalapenos
  • Cilantro
  • Onions
  • Garlic
  • Grey Squash
I also have lemons, carrots, beets, celery, and raspberries (from our bushes) to supplement the basket.


This week for breakfast:
For the Kids:
For me:

This week for school lunches:
  • PB&J on Udi's bread, ham sandwiches, beef jerky, or Schar crispbread with pepperoni and cheese
  • fresh fruit, applesauce, or mandarin oranges 
  • chips or crackers
  • milk
This week for dinner:

Sunday:
  • Teriyaki Beef Shortribs (I use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce)
  • Green Salad
  • Basmati Rice
  • Sauteed zucchini/grey squash
  • sliced strawberries 

Monday:
Tuesday:
  • Hamburgers/Hot Dogs with Udi's Buns
  • Oven Fries 
  • green salad and carrot sticks
  • grapes

Wednesday: (I have a GF planning meeting, and I'll be eating dinner there, so this is for my family)
  • Tacos 
  • apple slices
  • Carrot sticks

Thursday:
  • Waffles
  • bacon
  • raspberries and sliced plums

Friday:
  • Chili (I thicken mine with a roux made from millet flour)
  • Baked Potatoes
  • Carrot sticks and apple slices

Saturday: The kids and I are heading down bright and early to the GF Expo in Salt Lake.  After our fill of the expo, we'll spend the rest of the day playing in Salt Lake...which means we'll be finding food there, as well (probably Chick-fil-a and/or Red Robin).

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Gluten-Free Community? Our members will appreciate it.
    Members include: Those living Gluten-Free, Gluten-Free Experts, Advocates and Organizations.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also share Articles, News, Photos and Videos if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Gluten-Free Community: http://www.vorts.com/gluten_free/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete