Saturday, September 29, 2012

Weekly Menu (9/30/12-10/6/12) and Circle of Mom's Top 25 Food Allergy Moms Contest

Yum
First of all...my blog is in the running for the Top 25 Food Allergy Moms.  If you enjoy my blog, would you take just a few seconds and click the link below and go and vote for Live Free, Gluten Free? You can vote every 24 hours, so please do! Thanks!



This week in our half of the Bountiful Basket (I share with my brother) we got:

  • honeydew
  • pears
  • apples
  • bananas
  • avocado
  • spinach
  • carrots
  • collard greens
  • tomatoes
  • green leafy lettuce
  • strawberries

We also got the Mexican add-on pack which had:
  • Avocados
  • Limes
  • Tomatillos
  • Jalapenos
  • Cilantro
  • Onions
  • Garlic
  • Grey Squash
I also have lemons, zucchini, beets, potatoes, celery, and raspberries (from our bushes) to supplement the basket.


This week for breakfast:
For the Kids:

For me:
  • homemade yogurt
  • smoothies (the strawberries, raspberries, spinach, avocados, bananas, beets, and maybe more will be used)
  • water kefir with fruit puree
  • hardboiled eggs
  • fresh fruit
  • baked oatmeal
  • granola


This week for school lunches:

  • PB&J on Udi's bread, ham sandwiches, beef jerky, or Schar crispbread with pepperoni and cheese
  • fresh fruit or applesauce
  • chips or crackers
  • milk
This week for dinner:

Sunday:

Monday:
  • Chicken Noodle Soup
  • Schar Table Crackers and Blue Diamond Nut Thins (Smokehouse for the dairy-free ones and Pepper Jack flavor for the dairy-eaters)
  • Strawberries and Raspberries
Tuesday:
  • Tamales for the corn eaters and leftovers for me
  • Salsa Verde
  • green salad topped with avocados and tomatoes
  • honeydew

Wednesday:

Thursday:
  • honey oat pancakes (I promise I'll get the recipe up...it's fantastic)
  • bacon
  • sliced bananas and raspberries to top the pancakes

Friday:
  • Corn Dogs (leftovers for me)
  • Baked Potatoes
  • Carrot sticks and apple slices 

Saturday: My hubby will be out of town...and I lack motivation to cook when he's gone...so, we'll be going to Pizza Pie Cafe, Juniper Takeout or Chick-fil-a.

No comments:

Post a Comment