Saturday, September 22, 2012

Weekly Menu (9/23/12-9/29/12) and Some News

Yum
So, I have some good news and some bad news (for our family, at least).  My younger son can now tolerate soy.  We still limit soy in our diets.  Really the only soy we have is soy sauce, and even then I prefer using coconut aminos...so nothing will change here on our blog for those of you that have soy allergies.  It's just nice having one less thing to worry about when we go out to eat.  The bad news is now I seem to have a sensitivity to corn.  The past couple of months I've been getting sick and I finally tracked it down to corn.  I don't appear to have issues with corn starch...but I'm working on eliminating it anyway, along with the rest of the corn sources.  For right now, my family will continue eating corn, just not me.

Total change of subject, but I need to tell you...I had the most fantastic ratatouille last week.  I used Julia Child's recipe, and it was as fantastic as I hoped it would be...go try it!


Now on to the weekly menu:

This week in our half of the Bountiful Basket (I share with my brother) we got:
  • honeydew
  • pears
  • apples
  • bananas
  • avocado
  • sweet potatoes
  • carrots
  • collard greens
  • tomatoes

I also have oranges, zucchini, lettuce, potatoes, celery, grapes, and raspberries (from our bushes) to supplement the basket.


This week for breakfast:
For the Kids:
For me:


This week for school lunches:
  • PB&J on Udi's bread, ham sandwiches, beef jerky, or Schar crispbread with pepperoni and cheese
  • fresh fruit or applesauce
  • chips or crackers (we really like the Schar table crackers)
  • milk


This week for dinner:
Sunday:
  • Grilled Halibut and Chicken (for the non-fish eaters)
  • Collard greens
  • Corn on the cob (for my family)
  • Baked potatoes/sweet potatoes (I prefer sweet)
  • raspberries

Monday: My hubby's birthday! My husband want a date night out to Texas Roadhouse (I always get the filet mignon with steamed veggies and a sweet potato), so here's what the boy's will have:
  • Tacos
  • Carrot sticks and almond butter
  • apple slices 

Tuesday:
  • Chili (I'm going to thicken it with a millet flour roux instead of the masa flour)
  • baked potatoes/sweet potatoes
  • green salad
  • honeydew

Wednesday:
  • Chili Colorado
  • Basmati Rice
  • Corn tortillas for the family
  • Diced avocados and tomatoes
  • Green Salad
  • Honeydew and sliced pears

Thursday:
  • honey oat pancakes (I promise I'll get the recipe up...it's fantastic)
  • scrambled eggs
  • sliced bananas and raspberries to top the pancakes

Friday:
  • Spaghetti 
  • Green Salad
  • Corn on the cob for the family
  • Sauteed zucchini for me

Saturday: 
  • Chicken Noodle Soup
  • Schar Table Crackers and Blue Diamond Nut Thins (Smokehouse for the dairy-free ones and Pepper Jack flavor for the dairy-eaters)
  • Grapes

No comments:

Post a Comment