Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hamburger Cupcakes (for my hubby's bday)

Yum
It was my husband's birthday on Monday.  Now, those of you that know me know that I go all out on birthday cakes.  I'm self taught when it comes to cake decorating, but I do try my hardest to make awesome cakes.  Well, I was pooped this weekend.  I shouldn't give excuses, I know if it was one of my kid's birthdays, I would have been killing myself to get their cake done.  But, my husband doesn't care what his cake looks like, or if he even has a cake...so I took the easy way out and made hamburger cupcakes: yellow cupcakes (I had a Better Batter mix I needed to use up), brownie patties, and buttercream toppings.


The kids said that they were the best hamburgers they had ever eaten.  I, myself, got horribly sick from all the sugar...white sugar definitely gives me nasty headaches and gallbladder attacks (I didn't realize it was causing my gallbladder issues were sugar related until I ate the cupcakes). So, it was a fun cupcake to make, but going forward, I'll definitely be making these without refined sugar if I want to actually enjoy them. :)



So, anyway, here's another birthday idea that is super easy to throw together...and was definitely a hit with the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment