Friday, September 28, 2012

Adopt a Blogger: Trish from Gluten Free in SLC

Yum
I'm taking part in Adopt A Gluten-Free Blogger again. If you’re not familiar, Adopt A Gluten-Free Blogger is a monthly event created by Sea at Book of Yum to help us gluten-free bloggers get to know each other and recreate each others recipes. This month it is hosted by Alta from Tasty Eats At Home. This month, I adopted Trish from Gluten Free in SLC

Both Trish and her husband have Celiac disease.  Trish also is intolerant to casein (just like me).  I love her blog, because (1) she's a fellow Utahn. I live in Logan, Utah, she lives in Salt Lake.  I am always checking her restaurant reviews before heading down to the Salt Lake area. She also has a page devoted to places she shops in Salt Lake, which comes in handy, too; (2) she also has some pretty fantastic recipes...and she loves millet flour like I do. :)



I made her chili colorado the other night for dinner and my boys both absolutely loved the sauce.  My older son proclaimed it was the best sauce for dipping tortilla chips.  And I have to say, it is a pretty dang good sauce, and the beef was so tender it was falling apart.  I ate mine with some quinoa, the rest of the family ate their's with corn tortillas and chips.

Note: In her recipe she cooks it on the stovetop, but made a note at the bottom that it could be done in a slow cooker.  So, I did mine in a slow cooker.  The sauce was super thin that way.  So, I made a roux using 2 tablespoons canola oil and 2 tablespoons millet flour, cooked that for a couple minutes, then whisked in about a cup of the sauce and added that mixture back into the slow cooker...it was perfect that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment