Saturday, August 11, 2012

Weekly Menu (8/12/12-8/18/12)

Yum
This week in our half of the Bountiful Basket (I share with my brother) we got:
  • lettuce
  • tucsan kale
  • tomatoes
  • celery
  • mushrooms
  • green peppers
  • mangos
  • galia melon
  • bananas 

I also got an order of mangos (4kg, which was about 14 mangos...which I split with my brother) and the guacamole add on pack which had:
  • avocados
  • green onions
  • yellow onions
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • limes
  • jalapenos
  • chipotle peppers
I also have grapes, cantaloupe, corn on the cob, and carrots to supplement the basket.

This week for breakfast: I've replenished my muffin stock, so we have Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins to choose from, one-eyed sandwiches, fresh fruit, and cereal for the kids; and smoothies, water kefir with fruit puree, hard boiled eggs, and baked oatmeal for me.

This week for lunches: The boys are taken care of at their sitters' house. I plan on eating leftovers, I also have green peppers, carrots, mushrooms, celery, and tomatoes with hummus everyday and a glass of water kefir with fruit puree (a good portion of my mangos and cherries will go to that). My husband always has sandwiches, chips, and a banana in his lunch (boring, but that's what he likes).
This week for dinner:
Sunday:   
  • Roasted Turkey (Just use a gf flour to coat the oven bag, I also add the tops of my celery that are normally discarded to the bag as well.) 
  • Mashed Potatoes and gravy (using the turkey drippings and chicken stock, if needed and thickened with corn starch) 
  • Corn on the Cob
  • Rolls
  • Melon salad

Monday
  • Turkey Sandwiches on either Schar Crispbread or Udi's bread
  • Tomato Soup (we LOVE the Imagine brand) 
  • Kale Chips
  • Green Salad 
  • Melon Salad and grapes 

Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
  • Crepes
  • Ham and Eggs
  • Sliced Fruit (bananas and mangos)
  • Grapes 
Friday:
  • Hamburgers and hot dogs on Udi's buns
  • Oven fries
  • Green Salad
Saturday:
  • Pizza Pie Cafe : Which will include a specially made GF pizza for each of us, freshly made-to-order GF pasta and a salad bar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment