Thursday, June 14, 2012

Asian Burgers

Yum
Saturdays and Sundays I spend prepping food for the week or even coming weeks.  It's when I typically make muffins for the freezer, a batch of yogurt, and any part of the meals in the coming week that can be prepped beforehand.  This Sunday, I prepped my potstickers and had some of the pork filling left over, so I thought I would try grilling it up like a hamburger...it was amazing!  This would work with about any meat, I would think, not just pork, chicken or turkey would be fantastic, too. I ate mine on an Udi's bun and topped it with grilled pineapple, napa cabbage and a sesame oil/mayonnaise mixture.




Asian Burgers
For burger patties:
4 oz Napa Cabbage, shredded (2-3 cups)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 pound lean ground pork (or lean ground chicken or turkey)
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
1 1/2 teaspoons chicken stock or water
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
dash white pepper

toppings:
grilled pineapple
napa cabbage
1 teaspoon sesame oil mixed with 1/4 cup mayonnaise

Directions:

Salt the cabbage with 1 teaspoon of salt and set aside for at least 5 minutes.  Squeeze out the excess moisture. In a large bowl, combine the patty ingredients and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.

Form into patties and grill over medium-high/high heat, until done.

Top with toppings and enjoy.

This post is featured on Allergy Friendly Friday.


2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. With bit added chilli sauce, it could turn really spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this burger looks delicious! I pinned it to our Udi's Gluten Free Pinterest account, so our followers could check it out. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete