Saturday, May 5, 2012

Weekly Menu (5/6/12-5/12/12)

Yum
This week in our Bountiful Basket we got:
Strawberries, bananas, mangoes, green apples, lemons, a pineapple, tomatoes, lettuce, beets, green beans, and red potatoes.

I also got a Mexican pack with my basket and that contained:

Avocados, tomatillos, cilantro, green onions, poblanos, jalapenos, anaheim peppers, and limes. Since today is cinco de mayo, I'll be using most of this pack today making salsa verde for our tacos.
And I also got 8lb of strawberries, too. :)  I'll be making jam with most of them (and maybe a fresh strawberry pie or strawberry cupcakes, haven't decided which), but we'll set some aside to eat straight up.

I also have bananas, apples, baby carrots, broccoli, and half a cucumber left from last week.
This week for breakfast: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, Waffles (I made and froze a batch today) and Cereal for the kids, and Homemade Yogurt with sliced fruit (strawberries, mangoes, and bananas) and/or Hard Boiled Eggs for me.

This week for school lunch:  
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
  • Fruit (bananas, apple slices, or strawberry slices) or Veggies (sliced cucumbers and baby carrots)
  • Chips
  • Fruit Snacks
  • Milk
This week for dinner: 
Sunday
  • Surf and Turf (A grilled steak for my hubby and grilled halibut for me, and we share with the kids)
  • Mashed Red Potatoes
  • Steamed Artichokes
  • Sliced Strawberries
Monday
  • Chili (I know we eat this a lot, but it's my kids favorite)
  • Fritos
  • Carrot sticks and Cucumber sticks
  • Fruit Salad (Strawberries, mango, and pineapple)
Tuesday:
  • Cheese Quesdillas (using Daiya Shreds)
  • Tomato Soup (I like the Imagine brand best)
  • Nachos
  • Salad
  • Fruit Salad (strawberries, mango, and pinapple)
Wednesday:
  • Chicken Unparmesan 
  • GF Pasta
  • Steamed beets (and beet greens)
  • Green beans and broccoli
  • strawberries
Thursday:
Friday
  • Pizza
  • Salad
  • Carrots and Almond Butter
Saturday:

No comments:

Post a Comment