Monday, January 2, 2012

Vegetarian Chicken Salad for Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger

Yum
It's Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger time.  Book of Yum is hosting it, check out the page here.  I chose Kalinda from Wheat Free Meat Free to adopt this time.  I love her blog, she has such great meat free ideas that I love to incorporate into my cooking.


When I saw her vegetarian chicken salad, it was like having a light bulb come on...why had I never thought of using chickpeas in place of chicken?  I had to make some of her salad right then, and I enjoyed it in so many ways...on Schar crispbread, on lettuce, with my pita bread, and straight out of the bowl. :) Every single way I had it, it was amazing.  It is the perfect replacement to chicken salad.



 This salad is light, but filling.  And it is perfect for lunches, brunches, showers, pot lucks...anything really.  Thanks, Kalinda for such a brilliant, healthy idea!



3 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks Paula! For how simple this dish is, it really is one of my favorites. I'll get on kicks where it's the only thing I want to eat for a few days. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. It looks pretty delicious in you photos too. I could see getting addicted to it.

    ReplyDelete