Friday, December 30, 2011

Strawberry Cookies 'n' Cream Rice Crispy Treats

Yum
So, this week I have off of work and should be cleaning and organizing my house...but instead I'm attempting to keep the messes of my children under control...it's amazing how much trouble they can get into in the time it take me to make them their lunch. 



We are also without a car during the day (we are a one car family, and my hubby has been taking the car to work), so we've been taking the bus around town when we want to get out of the house.  On one of these adventures, we went off to Walmart. As we walked past the marshmallows it occurred to me that I had never made rice crispy treats with strawberry flavored marshmallows, so of course I bought a bag. 

 

By the time we got home, I had envisioned the rest of my treat...adding in gluten free oreos and topping with melted chocolate and they tasted as good as I imagined.  Thank goodness for bus rides that let your mind wander. They are easy and fast to make, but your kids will probably still have enough time to write all over the walls and/or dump all of their toys all over the family room. ;)




Strawberry Cookies 'n' Cream Rice Crispy Treats

1/4 cup dairy-free margarine
1 (10 oz) package strawberry flavored marshmallows
4 cups gluten free rice crispies (I use Erewhon crispy brown rice cereal)
2 cups broken up pieces of gluten free oreos (I use Kinnikinnick kinnitoos)
dairy free chocolate (as much as desired), melted

Directions:
Melt margarine over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add in marshmallows, stirring to coat.  Heat until marshmallows are melted and mixture is nice and smooth.  Pour in cereal and cookies and mix to evenly coat with marshmallow mixture.  Place mixture into a greased 8x8 cake pan, patting down with greased spatula.  Drizzle melted chocolate on top and allow to completely cool and set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment