Saturday, December 10, 2011

Seasoned Black Beans

Yum
We have beans and rice a lot in my house, because it's easy and because my little one will actually eat it.  He's not a picky eater, he just wasn't eat a lot...but rice and beans he will, so I like to see him eat a nice full plate at least once a week. :) This week I had some peppers I needed to use up, so I threw them in, along with some cumin and such and they turned out so good.



Seasoned Black Beans
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 T chopped onion (or more, depending on how much you have)
1 bell pepper, finely chopped
1 jalapeno, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons or more chicken stock
chopped green onions, optional

Directions
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add in onion and the peppers, cook for 3-5 minutes, or until softened.  Add in garlic and cook another minute.  Stir in black beans, cumin, salt, and the chicken stock.  Cover and simmer until ready to serve. Top with chopped green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment