Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thanksgiving Ideas

Yum
As Thanksgiving approaches, I thought I would pass along some ideas for food. Last year, I had Thanksgiving at home and made everything, and it was fantastic. Here is last year's menu.  This year we'll be at my Mom's and I'm bringing stuffing and pies. So, it'll probably be Grandma Tolman's Stuffing and at least pumpkin pie, razzleberry pie, and either banana cream pie or caramel apple pie.

Turkey is basic, and easy to do, just make sure you have a gluten-free turkey.  Some companies inject flavorings into the bird, or have gravy packets in the bird...so check and make sure it's safe.

For sides, I have several great recipes:







For mashed potatoes, I boil cubed potatoes, then just eyeball the margarine, non-dairy milk, salt and pepper to add.

For gravy, you can either use rice flour and make a roux, and add in drippings and chicken stock to make the gravy, or add cornstarch to the drippings.
For dessert:







Raspberry Peach Crisp (or apple, peach, or any other fruit crisp, for that matter)

No comments:

Post a Comment