Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

Yum

 
I have been in a pie mood, if you haven't been able to tell from my past posts.  I'm the only one in my little
family that likes pumpkin pie, but I wanted to make sure I could make a dairy-free/soy-free pie before Thanksgiving, so that we'd be set when we get together with my family.  This recipe is based off of Libby's recipe that is on the back of their canned pumpkin.

Pumpkin Pie

3/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 15 oz can pumpkin
3/4 cup So Delicious Coconut Creamer
1 unbaked gf pie crust (I make a batch of 3 crusts and freeze my unbaked ones, then thaw as needed)

Directions
Preheat oven to 425° F. Mix sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a small bowl. Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl. Stir the pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture into the eggs. Gradually stir in the coconut creamer.

Pour the mixture into the pie shell.

Cover the crust with foil, to prevent over browning. Bake at 425° F for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F and bake for ~50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with non dairy whipped cream before serving.

The post is featured on Gluten Free Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. That looks really yummy! I was looking for a dairy-free pumpkin pie and I love the So Delicious coconut milk creamer. I would never thought of using it to make pie. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete