Monday, September 26, 2011

Yogurt Cheese and Walnut and Cheese Stuffed Figs

Yum
I got some figs in my bountiful basket a little over a week ago, and I decided to play around with them a little...this is definitely my new favorite way to eat them.  I was also playing around with my yogurt. So, two recipes in one post today. :)

Yogurt Cheese

Dairy Free Yogurt (how ever much you want to use, I used two 6oz containers of So Delicious Coconut Yogurt)
A strainer
Cheese Cloth
A Bowl that the strainer can sit over

Directions
Place the strainer over the bowl and put a few layers of cheese cloth into the strainer.  Place the yogurt on the cheese cloth, cover and refrigerate until the desired texture is reached...the longer you let it sit the thicker it gets.  I let mine sit 3-4 days...it seems long, but it took that long for mine to get it to the consistency I wanted it.

You can use yogurt cheese in place of cream cheese or sour cream in recipes.

Walnut and Cheese Stuffed Figs
16 figs
1/2 cup yogurt cheese
1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

Directions:
Slice the tips off of the figs and then cut a cross pattern into them, being careful not to cut all the way through the bottom.

Mix together the yogurt cheese and walnuts. Stuff a spoonful into the middle of each fig.

Mix the honey and balsamic vinegar together until fluid, then drizzle it over the stuffed figs.

No comments:

Post a Comment