Saturday, August 6, 2011

Chicken UnParmesan (and updated Eggplant UnParmesan)

Yum
A few months back I made Eggplant UnParmesan and loved it!  Well, I finally got around to getting it back on my menu and this time around I modified it a little and love it even more.  I also made some Chicken UnParmesan up as well (mostly because I'm the only one that will touch eggplant) and it turned out AMAZING...yes, it was that good. Both were even excellent as leftovers 3 days later, really, that turned out that good.  So, here's the new breading mixture:

 
(I forgot to take a picture, so this is actually from my other Eggplant UnParmesan Post)
Chicken/Eggplant UnParmesan

3/4 cup gluten free cornflake crumbs
3/4 cup almond meal
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspooon Italian seasoning
1 egg
2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
Olive Oil
2-4 chicken breasts
1-2 eggplant (or any combination of chicken and eggplant, I used 2 chicken breasts and one eggplant)

Directions
In a bowl combine cornflake crumbs, almond meal, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.  In a separate bowl combine the egg and milk. Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat.  Dip chicken and eggplant in the egg wash, then in the crumbs. Cook in olive oil until both sides are golden brown.  Top with spaghetti sauce and enjoy.


This post is featured on Slightly Indulgent Tuesday and Gluten-Free Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment