Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rice Paper Wraps

Yum
It's summer and I've been a slacker, actually I'm exhausted.  I'm a working mom of two little boys and I'm training for a half marathon that's here in a month...I'm pooped, so I've been slacking on the blog.  I apologize.  But, because I've been slacking, I've been trying to come up with easy lunches for myself, that don't use up bread (I tend to save that for my boys).  I went to a little Thai restaurant in town the other day, and as I was eating my fresh spring roll, it hit me that rice paper is really the best wrap.  It's sticky enough to hold everything together and it gives the wrap some chewiness, so my sandwiches are now rice paper wraps and they are delicious.

The wrap below consists of a ham slice, fresh spinach, and carrot sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment