Friday, June 3, 2011

Weekly Menu (6/5/11-6/11/11)

Yum
I'm heading to Boston early Sunday morning for a business trip and my hubby is joining me.  Our little ones are going to stay with my parents, so this week's menu is going to be different. Traveling with food intolerances changes everything, I've been researching places to eat, closest supermarkets, buying goodies to take along, etc.  But not only that, I've been prepping food for my boys to have at Grandma's as well.  So we'll start with my little ones weekly plan, it's not a rigid plan, but I've prepped stuff, so my mom has plenty of ideas for the entire week.


Breakfast:
Cinnamon Chex
Honeynut Chex
Reese's Puffs (My boys haven't had any reaction to these, so I let them have them every once in a while)
Fruity Pebbles
Trix
Udi's Chocolate Muffins
Banana Muffins
One-Eyed Sandwiches
GF Bisquick Pancakes

Lunch:
Sandwiches using Udi's bread: PB&J, grilled cheese (with Daiya cheese for my little one), ham, etc
Hot dogs (my boys prefer them without buns, always have)
Corn dogs (I prepped these and froze them this week, so all my mom has to do is reheat them)
Chicken nuggets (prepped these, too, so once again my mom just has to reheat)
muffins
along with fruits and veggies, etc.

Dinner:
Tacos
Hot Dogs
Pizza (I prepped the pizza crust, so they can just be topped and heated in the oven)
Grilled Chicken
Breakfast (one-eyed sandwiches, pancakes, scrambled eggs, etc)
along with fruits and veggies, etc. 

Snacks:
fruit snacks
dry cereal
apples and peanut butter
bananas
strawberries
 
For my hubby and I, well mostly me, because my husband can eat anything, I'm packing an assortment of Larabars, Enjoy Life Caramel Apple Chewy Bars, Nature Valley Nut Crunch Bars, Pistachios, raisins, and Jerky. My purse will be stocked, so I know I will have something to eat during the actual trip to Boston.
I've also researched where the closest grocery stores are to my hotel: there's a Trader Joe's a couple of blocks one way, and a Shaw's one block the other way, so I'm set there.

My breakfasts and lunches are provided by the company, but I spoke with the training director already and made sure that they would have options that would meet my needs. (I'm still keeping food in my purse, just in case). So, it's just dinners that I really need to worry about and I've gathered a list of easily 24 restaurants that post a gluten-free menu online and are in close proximity to either our hotel or the sites we are planning to visit...so, I think I'm set.


Wish me luck! And have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment