Sunday, May 22, 2011

Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter -- Review

Yum
I was grabbing a few quick things at Walmart the other day, and went down the peanut butter aisle for some reason (I don't even remember now), when I came across this:

I picked it up, expecting to see dairy listed in the back, and what to my wondering eyes did I behold? Well, this:

Okay, I know it's impossible to make out...but on the second to bottom line of writing it says "Gluten-free & dairy-free"...yeah, I was so will to pay for this...I get to eat chocolate hazelnut butter, i.e. Nutella, again!

I made it to the parking lot before I opened it (yes, I love chocolate and hazelnut together), and I was in love. This is my new indulgence, I have been eating it straight out of the jar, since.  I did manage to spread it on my Udi's bagel this morning...once again, divine!  And I made some double chocolate hazelnut cookies using it, my new favorite cookies now (I'll post those later).

This butter is better than Nutella, or at least how I remember Nutella.  This one is natural, and you can tell that by tasting it, that's what makes it so good, I think.  There is texture to it, as well, from the hazelnuts, so it's not totally smooth...it actually reminds me of a melted Ferrero Rocher...I know its from the hazelnut bits in it combined with the chocolate...Nutella just doesn't have that.

Really, this is my new favorite butter and really, my favorite indulgence and chocolate fix.  I checked out Justin's Nut Butter website, and yeah, I think I'm going to have to order some nut butters and peanut butter cups to try (it looks like their dark choclate ones are dairy-free!).  Their whole line of products is:


Overall Rating for the Choclate Hazelnut Butter: 10 out of 10!  It was absolutely amazing and indulgent!

No comments:

Post a Comment