Sunday, April 10, 2011

New and Improved Ranch Dressing

Yum
I like my dairy-free ranch dressing, but I have really been missing Hidden Valley Ranch.  I know, it's silly, and I can totally live without it, but I really wanted some.  And, well, my dressing just wasn't doing it for me. So, I set out to change up my dressing and see how to make it better, and its better.  After reading several recipes, and taking what I liked from mine and combining it with others...voila!  It's not Hidden Valley, but its pretty dang good.  I was finding excuses to have salad dressing, and was licking the spoon, too...I never lick condiments off of utensils...never!

The New and Improved GF/DF/SF Ranch Dressing

1 cup So Delicious Original Coconut Milk or other non dairy milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup canola oil mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried chives
1/4 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Directions
Measure coconut milk and add the lemon juice into the measuring cup. Mix together, and let sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the remaining ingredients.  Add in the milk mixture and whisk together, making sure all lumps are removed.  Refrigerate for a few hours to let the flavors blend.

1 comment: