Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sweetened Condensed Milk

Yum
Okay, I"m in the process of putting up my caramel recipe, which I'm sure I'll modify over time, but my family has more than enjoyed it, so even though it may need tweaking, it's definitely a winner how it is, as well.  So, in the process I thought I would post this recipe on making dairy-free sweetened condensed mil, I found it here, but used my trusty So Delicious Coconut Milk and didn't add vanilla or salt.  It's easy, just takes time.

Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 cups So Delicious Coconut Milk or other dairy free milk
½ cup White Sugar

Directions:
Add the milk and the sugar to a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until volume is reduced to 1 cup (it took me a couple of hours). Cool before using.  May be stored in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment