Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fried Mac and Cheese

Yum
So, if you recall, I made mac and cheese the other day, and we had half a pan left over.  So, what did I do with the leftovers?  Well, I had been restocking my 'convenience' foods for my little ones (i.e. chicken nuggets, corn dogs, fish sticks), so I had nice hot oil ready in the deep fryer, so of course I had to try my hand at fried mac and cheese.  I know, I know, it's not healthy, but it was good. :)



Fried Mac and Cheese
chilled gf/df mac and cheese
gluten free flour blend for dredging.  I used my blend, but you could also you the Gluten-Free Bisquick instead, or whatever blend you feel like.
1 1/2 tsp Ener-g egg replacer
2 T water
gf corn flake crumbs
oil for frying

Directions
Mix together egg replacer and water, set aside. Take a tablespoon full of mac and cheese and dredge it in flour, rolling it into a ball. Dip the ball into the egg replacer then into the corn flake crumbs.  Repeat with the rest of the mac and cheese.  Fry at ~350F until golden brown on all sides (it only takes a couple of minutes). 

No comments:

Post a Comment