Friday, February 4, 2011

Eggplant UnParmesan

Yum
I hated eggplant when I was little, literally it would make me gag. I grew up and tried it again and realized that it wasn't so bad, in fact it was pretty good, especially in Eggplant Parmesan.  So, here is my cheeseless version of my favorite eggplant dish....I ate it all myself, it was so incredibly good. :)

Eggplant UnParmesan

1 eggplant sliced thin (~1/8"-1/4", however thick you like it)
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons So Delicious Coconut Milk
1 cup gluten-free fresh bread crumbs (I save the hills of my bread to make my bread crumbs)
1 cup almond flour
salt and pepper
olive oil
spaghetti sauce (you can use the recipe below or use my other recipe minus the sausage...hmmm, it may be good with the sausage, too.)

Directions

Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat.  Mix together bread crumbs and almond flour (season with salt and pepper) in one dish and the milk and egg in another dish. Dip eggplant in the egg wash, then in the crumbs. Cook in olive oil until both sides are golden brown.  Top with spaghetti sauce and enjoy.

Quick and Easy Spaghetti Sauce
1 can tomato sauce
3-4 roma tomatoes, diced
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp basil
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2-1 tsp salt
sugar (if needed, based on your diced tomatoes)
1/2cup-1cup sliced mushrooms (optional)

Directions

Mix together all ingredients.  Simmer until ready to serve.

This post is featured on The Whole Gang's Real Food Weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment