Thursday, January 13, 2011

New and Improved Fish Sticks

Yum
So, tonight was my cooking night.  I was replenishing my freezer items that had run low, and one of them was fish sticks.  This recipe is so much easier than my last one, and really quite yummy, too.  I based it off an almond chicken strips recipe, and it worked out really well. I really like the egg white mixture for this recipe, it works really well...I may start using when I do all of my coatings.



Almond Fish Sticks

1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons chicken broth
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1-2 cups almond meal
1 pound fish fillets (such as cod or tilapia), cut into 1/2" strips
canola oil

Directions
In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, salt and sbroth until smooth. Gradually stir in egg whites. Place almonds in another shallow bowl. Dip fish in egg white mixture, then coat with almonds.
Heat 2-4 T oil in a large skillet over medium/medium-high heat, and cook fish sticks a few minutes on each side, until golden brown and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment