Thursday, December 9, 2010

French Dip Sandwiches

Yum
I love french dip sandwiches, and I like them fast and easy.  Before this whole diet change, it was one of those meals that I could throw on the table in under 15 minutes, and not even think about it.  Well, we haven't had French Dips since then, because I just didn't feel like it.  Well, the other day I actually did feel like it, and realized that we could no longer use the packets for the Au Jus sauce (yes, I am that lazy, or at least I used to be that lazy).  And, I wasn't cooking a roast, so no drippings there....So, I decided I needed an easy throw together Au Jus recipe, so I could still have my easy throw together French Dip sandwiches. 

French Dip Sandwiches and Au Jus

1 lb thinly sliced roast beef
4 gluten-free buns (I actually had some homemade hot dog buns in the freezer that I used and they were perfect, they held up really well being dipped in the Au Jus)
Au Jus for dipping

Au Jus
1 1/2 cups beef stock (I used Swanson beef stock)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce (I use Lea and Perrins because it's gluten and soy free)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Instructions
Mix ingredients and bring to a boil.  Serve warm with assembled sandwiches.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you.
    Wife loves French Dip and we needed the Au Jus.
    Looking at trying the bread recipe, but need to substitute for the tapioca flour as she is allergic to that, too. I left a comment on that page.
    Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete