Thursday, December 30, 2010

Classic Onion Rings

Yum
I was making our mini corn dogs for dinner and decided I really, really wanted onion rings to go with them.  So, I pulled out my Better Homes and Garden cookbook and converted their recipe.  And it tasted just like I wanted them to--classic onion rings.

Onion Rings

3/4 cup gluten free flour blend 
2/3 cup So Delicious coconut milk
1 egg
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
Canola oil for deep frying
1-2 onions, sliced and separated into rings

1.  In a medium bowl combine flour, milk, egg, oil, and salt.  Mix until smooth.
2.  Heat oil in a deep fryer to ~365F. Dip onion rings into batter; drain off excess batter.  Fry onion rings, a few at a time, in a single layer in the hot oil for a couple of minutes on each side.  Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment