Thursday, November 4, 2010

Soy-free Conversion of Past Recipes

Yum
Okay, this isn't a conversion of all the recipes I've done, but it's a start...I'll be posting what I did to convert the recipe as I actually make that recipe again, so you get them as I make them. :)  I'm pretty sure most people that have gone soy-free could easily convert any of the recipes I have to soy-free versions, so this is more for those of you that aren't soy-free, so if you ever have to cook for my family, you won't have to worry about making mistakes. :)

Dairy-free (and now soy-free) Ranch Dressing

Here is the link to the recipe, so convert it to soy-free use rice milk instead of soy milk and olive oil mayonnaise (or if you're not making your own mayonnaise, Best Foods has a Canola Oil Mayo that is soy-free) instead of regular mayonnaise...that simple. :) 


GF/CF/SF Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Okay, technically this isn't fully soy-free...the dairy-free chips that I used have soy lecithin in them, but many people with soy issues actually can handle the soy lecithin, so if you can't don't use the chocolate chips. :)  Here is a link to the original recipe, to make it soy free use palm oil shortening in place of the margarine and make sure to grease the muffin tins or bread pan with canola oil instead of vegetable oil.


Okay, I know, only 2 recipes, but I'm a busy, working mom, so you'll get more conversions as I get around to them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment