Saturday, November 27, 2010

Barbecue Turkey Pizza

Yum
Well, I'm sure you can guess from the title...I'm trying to use up my leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.  Honestly, I love just eating leftovers, having my Thanksgiving meal over and over...but my family doesn't.  My husband refuses to eat anything that's classified as a leftover, so I have to get creative, so it doesn't appear to be leftovers.  This first recipe, really isn't a recipe, just what I did to use up some of the turkey, mainly because my favorite type of pizza before this new diet was Pier 49's Lombard Street--which is a barbecue chicken pizza...this worked to fill my craving. :)


Barbecue Turkey Pizza

barbecue sauce
cooked turkey, chopped
cooked pizza crust
cheese or dairy-free alternative (optional)
olive oil

Directions
Toss turkey with 1-2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce, set aside.  Brush Pizza Crust with Olive Oil. Spread the rest of the barbecue sauce onto the pizza crust and top with turkey and cheese.

Bake on a pizza stone at 450F for 6-8 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment