Sunday, October 10, 2010

Breadsticks and Family Reunions

Yum
We went to a big family get together for my husband's grandparents, it was their 60th wedding anniversary!  Well, his side of the family is Italian, so what do you think was for dinner? Yeah, you guessed it, spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread (and a little bit of salad with croutons with italian dressing mixed in that had cheese in it)...hmm, what the heck do we eat!?!  Luckily, we asked ahead of time what the menu was, so we brought are own spaghetti (Mrs. Leeper's corn spaghetti), they had spaghetti sauce set aside that didn't have meatballs, so we were able to eat that sauce.  They also had some salad that didn't have any dressing on it set aside, so we could eat that as well.  And finally, I made breadsticks, so we had our own complete gluten-free, and for me and the little one, casein-free Italian meal.

All I did for the breadsticks was make the Ruth's gluten-free bread, and made mold's similar to what I did for hot dogs, except I made more of a snake or zigzag across the pan, as shown below:
 I let them rise for 20 minutes, then cooked them at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes and they turned out great.  The boys dipped them in ranch dressing (the older one) and spaghetti sauce (the younger one) and love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment