Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix -- Review

Yum
I happened to see this mix at the store, I checked the ingredients and saw there was no bean flour (I'm starting my older son on the gf diet this weekend, and I wanted to make sure he would eat it, and I know he would definitely not eat a bean flour pizza crust), so I thought I'd give it a try.  You can see the ingredients in the pictures below and how easy the directions are, this is great for a Friday night after working a full work week, and coming home wanting to order a pizza, knowing you can't, and not wanting to measure out 10 different ingredients. :)


The crust was nice and thick and at least, amost chewy, so close to what a pizza crust should be.  It browned nicely and even tasted okay the next day when we reheated it.  The crust has a little bit sweet taste to it, I'm guessing that it is the sorghum, but it was still tasty.  In the future, if I use this mix again, I think I'll had some Italian seasoning to the dough to help compliment flavors between the crust and the toppings.

The really nice thing about the mix, it made two 12" pizzas...so we could have one with regular cheese and one with soy cheese, making everybody happy. :)


Overall Rating  7 out of 10  It was good and quite convenient, but I know that I could probably make one that tastes better, but there is a very good chance that I'll buy it again, just for convenience sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment