Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Black Bean and Sausage Soup

Yum
Okay, from my previous posts you know I have veggie haters in my house, but most of them like beans...so I thought I'd sneak in some veggies with the beans and maybe we would have success.  Well, everyone tried the soup, so it was an improvement over past meals.  I really enjoyed the soup, and it's really not hard to make.

Black Bean and Sausage Soup

2 15-oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained (reserve about 3/4 of one can)
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
1 cup chopped celery (2 stalks)
1 teaspoon  ground coriander
1/4  teaspoon  salt
1/8  to 1/4 teaspoon  cayenne pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
12 ounces cooked, smoked turkey sausage

Directions

In a large saucepan combine beans, broth, water, onion, celery, coriander, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Blend soup mixture with immersion blender or in a regular blender (if you're like me and don't have an immersion blender) Stir in remaining beans and the sausage; heat through. Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment