Sunday, September 26, 2010

Maple Acorn Squash

Yum
I love squash, and I love when I get squash in my bountiful basket.  I love it even more when its acorn squash.  Acorn squash has got to be my favorite, and I got 3 this week.  I usually am lazy and just cut them in half and stick them in the microwave to cook...but now I'm on a mission to make all of my food taste better, so here is the most amazing acorn squash you will ever have (really, I mean it!), I adapted this recipe from my Better Homes and Garden Cookbook:

This is on Simply Sugar and Gluten Free's Slighty Indulgent Tuesday's March 29, 2011 page, go here to see! :)
Maple Acorn Squash

1 medium acorn squash
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons dairy-free margarine (like Nucoa or Blue Bonnet Light), melted
1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions
1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds.  Arrange the squash halves, cut sides down, in a 2-quart baking dish (or on a cookie sheet).  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  Turn squash halves cut side up.

2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together the rest of the ingredients.  Spoon the mixture into centers of squash halves. Bake 20 to25 minutes more or until squash is tender.

This post is featured on Gluten Free Holiday Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment