Monday, September 13, 2010

Fish Tacos

Yum
One of my favorite things in the world is the fish tacos from El Toro...but I can't eat those anymore since they use battered fish...but I can make my own...



Fish Tacos

4 tilapia fillets
1/3-1/2 head of cabbage shredded
1/4 C fresh cilantro chopped
1/3 C mayonnaise
3/4 C salsa (I made fresh, see below)
corn tortillas
lime wedges

Directons:
Season fish with salt and pepper and broil under high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until done.

While fish is cooking combine mayonnaise and salsa to make a sauce.

Cut fish into pieces, place in corn tortillas and top with cabbage, cilantro and the salsa sauce, squeeze lime over top and enjoy!

Makes 4 tacos.


Fresh Salsa

4 C. fresh chopped tomatoes
1 large onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1/3 C cilantro chopped
1 1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tbsp lime juice

Directions
Mix all together and refrigerate.  Note: I actually blend up half of it in a blender to make more of a sauce (mainly because my family does not like chunks in their salsa) and I used the blended portion to make the sauce for the tacos.




I had leftovers of the mayonnaise/salsa sauce, cabbage, and the cilantro...so I made a Mexican-style coleslaw which will probably be my lunch tomorrow...


and I also had leftover salsa which will be consumed (mostly by me) over the next couple of days. :)

This post was shared on Real Sustenance's Seasonal Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment